Student Rights and Responsibilities
By joining the OSU community, students take on the responsibility to observe and help maintain standards of personal behavior that are a positive contribution to the academic community. As an OSU student, you are expected to:
- Respect Oklahoma State University’s commitment to academic integrity and uphold the values of honesty and responsibility that preserve our academic community;
- Behave in a manner that is temperate, civil, and respectful of the rights of others;
- Behave in a manner that recognizes and respects individual differences, supporting an appreciation for pluralism as well as inclusiveness;
- Do no harm and help maintain the safety and welfare of the campus community by reporting unusual or dangerous behavior;
- Recognize that you are a part of the Oklahoma State University and Stillwater communities, and demonstrate civic and social engagement and responsibility;
- Accept responsibility for your learning, personal behavior, and future success, appropriately challenging others who do not abide by these standards.
The purpose of the Student Code of Conduct is to inform the student body of the standards of behavior expected of students in the OSU community, the processes in place for enforcing the rules, and the University's response to violations. For more information on your rights and responsibilities, visit www.okstate.edu/ucs/SJA/srr.htm.