Health Insurance is required for J-Scholars and mandatory for all international students due to the high costs of health care in the United States.
Below is a list of agencies that provide insurance packages specifically geared towards international students. The list below is in no particular order of preference.
International Student Insurance
International Travel Insurance
- Council on International Education Exchange (iNext Travel Card)
Health/Dental Insurance Organizations
- Oklahoma State University Student Health Insurance (Academic HealthPlans)
- International Student Organization
- Macori Inc.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma
- Ameriplan USA
- Specialty Risk International
- Betins - K & K Consulting Services, Inc.
Property Insurance Organizations
Car Insurance Organizations
- State Farm Insurance
- All State Insurance
- Farmers Insurance Group
- GEICO Car Insurance
- Progressive Car Insurance
- GMAC Insurance
If you have already purchased your own healthy insurance, and would like to apply for health insurance waiver from the insurance OSU provides, please contact University Health Service. Keep in mind that in order to be waived, there are requirements that need to be met, and you have only "one chance" to be approved, if the application gets declines, you will be charged for the insurance.
For more information or if you have any question, please contact
University Health and Services
1202 W. Farm Road