Student Union Coronavirus Update
UPDATE - JULY 6, 2020
As we make the transition to the campus reopening on July 7, the Student Union is working diligently to make sure the transition is both safe and smooth. A few items of note:
- The building will look a little different as we encourage social distancing, mask wearing and proper sanitation protocols. There will be signage throughout the building identifying stairwell and elevator use. Please respect those guidelines and encourage those in your areas as well as visitors to follow them.
- While the building is open, some services may be limited as staff members are still encouraged to telecommute as much as possible and dining hours are being determined based on traffic. As always, if you have a question for a particular department or staff member, please visit directory.okstate.edu to reach him or her directly and conduct business virtually as much as possible.
- The Student Union custodial staff has and will continue to work diligently to keep
our public areas clean and sanitized:
- There are cleaning, disinfecting and sanitizing plans in place. There are wall mount hand sanitizers at all entrance points.
- All restrooms will be closed and sanitized every two hours on a rotating schedule, with no more than two restrooms closed at any one time.
- Trash collection and floor upkeep will continue as regularly scheduled on a normal daily/weekly rotation.
- Doors, handrails and touchpoints will be sanitized every four hours.
- Meeting rooms will be wiped down and sanitized after every use. The schedule will be determined by the Meeting & Conferences Services daily report.
- Student Union Meeting & Conference Services will be setting the maximum occupancy for all meeting rooms. This will be indicated with signage at each meeting room. We ask everyone to please respect these guidelines.
- The air intake for each air handler in the Student Union is filtered. The returned air for each unit is balanced by the fresh air and set by the software that operates the unit. It may be possible for some air from the general building to be mixed with it, but it is filtered.
- See the Student Union’s campus general cleaning information.
We appreciate your patience as this is an ever-evolving situation for all of us. If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com and we will try to address them.
University Store Update
The University Store will be open. Its operating hours will be 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
University Dining Services Update
There will be limited dining options available on campus. Click here to learn more.