Student Union Coronavirus Update
UPDATE - December 1, 2020
The Student Union will continue to be vigilant in keeping the building safe during the current pandemic. Following are current guidelines being followed:
- Hand sanitizer is readily available at entrances and shared spaces, but regular handwashing/sanitizing is encouraged through building signage on digital signs as well as in all restrooms.
- A strict cleaning protocol continues as custodial staff regularly maintains the facility, including all restrooms, meeting rooms and common areas. Individual office spaces and break rooms are the responsibility of the occupants.
- All restrooms are closed and sanitized every two hours on a rotating schedule, with no more than two restrooms closed at any one time.
- Trash collection and floor upkeep continue as regularly scheduled on a normal daily/weekly rotation.
- Doors, handrails and touchpoints are sanitized every four hours.
- The wearing of masks is expected per the university’s requirement.
- Disposable masks are available at key locations (dining concepts, first floor concierge desk and the Leadership and Campus Life information desk) for those who enter the building without one.
- A temperature kiosk is installed on the second floor near the ATM entrance.
- Observing social distancing protocols and prevention strategies to maintain a safe environment.
- There is signage throughout the building encouraging positive social distancing, including maintaining six feet distance between individuals.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed as needed.
- Signage throughout the building identifies appropriate stairwell and elevator use.
- There are not any particular areas closed off in the building.
- Some furniture has been moved/reconfigured to address social distancing.
- Capacities for many of our public areas and meeting rooms were set with advisement of OSU officials and we will monitor them.
- Public areas are signed to encourage guests to follow social distancing protocols. It is our expectation guests will continue to be respectful and follow these guidelines.
- The Starlight Terrace, Student Union Theater and Ballroom are reserved for classroom spaces, weekdays 7:30 a.m. to 10:15 p.m.
- The Student Union encourages the use of Zoom or other teleconferencing capabilities in meeting rooms to minimize the number of in-person attendees.
- Meeting rooms are set to maintain proper social distancing protocols of six feet with a posted maximum capacity.
- There is a designated service time between meetings for cleaning and disinfection.
- All Student Union staff members are asked to abide by the university requirement and wear proper face coverings as well as practice social distancing.
- Staff members were provided two cloth face masks, a bottle of sanitizer and a thermometer.
- Regular hand washing/sanitizing is encouraged.
- With the exception of a few staff members who are telecommuting, all Student Union and University Dining Services full-time staff members are working on campus.
- Typical building hours are 6:30 a.m. to midnight, Monday through Saturday. Operating hours for Sunday are 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Hours are being adjusted on a weekly basis based on special events and building traffic. Any changes to operating hours will be posted on our website and social media platforms.
- The University Store will maintain regularly scheduled hours, Monday through Saturday. Hours are adjusted accordingly based on special events and building traffic. Click here for hours.
- University Dining Services will have its concepts open as they are able. Visit dining.okstate.edu to learn more about their reopening plans as well as hours of operation.
These protocols will continue throughout the semester and will be adjusted as needed based on operating hours and social distancing requirements. Please visit union.okstate.edu for the latest updates.
We appreciate your patience as this is an ever-evolving situation for all of us. If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com and we will try to address them.