Interested in joining? Application will open back up at the beginning of Fall 2019
The Student Union Activities Board (SUAB) is a student led group that provides diverse activities and events for the Oklahoma State University campus and surrounding community. Students involved with the Board assist with coordinating and staffing cultural, educational, entertaining and/or thought-provoking events.
It is the mission of SUAB to bring life to the OSU campus and, more specifically, to the Student Union. The Student Union Activities Board provides programs with the intent of unifying the student body and enhancing the OSU experience.
It is our belief that SUAB can provide a highly rewarding experience that has countless benefits. Your involvement with SUAB can provide you with opportunities to grow as a leader and as an individual, plan large scale events for your peers and classmates, learn the importance of marketing and social interaction around campus, and so much more.
In an effort to better prepare applicants for the degree of involvement that SUAB requires, the requirements of members are listed below:
- Attend weekly All Member/Committee meetings on Tuesday nights from 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM
- Complete 2 office hours each week between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. (1 hour of event promotion and 1 hour of committee assignments)
- Attend optional SUAB socials and service events throughout the semester
- Attend SUAB retreats, banquets, and other mandatory events
Benefits of being an SUAB member:
You will gain experience in:
- Event planning
- Budget management
- Marketing and planning
- Social networking
- Improved leadership skills
- Group and personal goal setting
- Volunteer coordination